Monday, August 27, 2007

I heart Houston already

Its amazing where a simple Starbucks hunt can lead you.


I was searching for a Starbucks today and i was told it was five minutes away ... IN THE MALL!

So I walk in and try to focus on finding the darn coffee shop but i'm sorry it is just impossible to ignore the sight of a BANDOLINO store.
Here's my justification for doing what i did.

1. It was my first trip to a mall in Texas. I couldn't possibly walk away empty handed. That would just be rude and possibly also abshagun.

2. I have never physically been in a BANDOLINO store before because there weren't any in Colorado so I have always had to shop online for their shoes. [In person the shoes are way cuter. Also they have fabulous bags. Who knew?]

3. They had a sale [not on all the stuff i bought but whatever a sale is a sale]

I found these.



How much fun do they look? Also they're totally work appropriate err after i find a job.


And this super cute red bag.



And this lovely big gold one that would go perfectly with my gold sandals.



The kind lady took out all the paper stuffed inside and put the shoes inside the red bag and the red bag inside the gold one and made it look as flat as possible for me. I had to find a way to hide it in the car without mother freaking out. Thank god for the spare tyre in the trunk! People sneak weed into the house. I sneak in bags and shoes.

I also discovered a lady to do my eyebrows. I thought i saw Priyanka Chopra's face when i walked past the stall. I looked closer and voila there she was along with Aishwarya Rai and a bunch of other familiar faces. The auntyjee/threading genius handed me a brochure on the benefits of threading over waxing. I wanted to hug her. Ever since my threading lady moved to LA i have had to get my eyebrows waxed and I hate it.

15 comments:

The Bride said...

Wahhh I also want threading lady... And you're right - a sale is a sale is a...

Sig said...

LOVE the shoes and bags....

I have to do the same...right now I have a package sitting outside my front door with something I order over the Net and am trying to distract my mother so she doesn't see it :P

I really should get to know a threadist. I have deliberately not touched my eyebrows for over a month because I am waiting for that glorious experience when I get to India :D

Indianoguy said...

I really dont understand..why do you girls always need matching sandals and handbags..girls are sooo..whats that word..ah..materialistic!

The only thing, I ever tried to match are my underwears with my shirts.I stopped matching them after, I bought pink, yellow and red underwears.

Pri said...

@silvara: a month?? jeez that threading experience will also be a painful experience.

Pri said...

@indianoguy: i hope you were joking about the underwear.

and its kinda hard not to be materialistic with BANDOLINO in your local mall.

Unknown said...

i liked ur shoes. u have a decent taste.not the gawdy types. but tell me, whats ur height? coz u never wear heels. so either u are nicole kidmanish tall, or u have a slip disc, or u just have huge bums!!

Pri said...

or maybe i have elephantitis.

Sig said...

Hahah - I've acquired my mother's genes in that my eyebrows don't really get overgrown and I touch them up myself every now and then. So it's still good...

The pain...ok...not so glorious then

The Nomad said...

Ohhh I SO know what you are saying ... I bought this bag a week ago and have gone ga ga over it!I'm all inspired and I think I'm ready to share the object of my affection with this world ...will take a pic and upload.

Last year I visited my sis and was there for about two months ... came back looking like a cross between Chandrashekhar Azad and Krur singh!Lolll

The Nomad said...

And I love the bags! and the shoes are shiny!! :)

Unknown said...

LOL! Pri, have I ever said?
YoU RoCk :D

Anonymous said...

Cute shoes and bags Pri..... We miss you here is CO. Hows the job hunt going?

Indianoguy said...

Pri, Off course I was joking about my underwears.

BTW, I like matching sandals and bags, as long as I dont have to buy them for somebody. you know what..I am a cheap bastard ;)

Bikerdude said...

Err both bags and shoes are looking like Frazer-town-aunty-wear on Blast from past night at Catholic Club.

Please tell me you didnt pay a million bucks for them. Next time you come I will personally take you to commercial st backside and get you all of the above for some 100Rs.

Unknown said...

that sounded like.. I love houston already bez blah blah blah..:~D9

have fun...