Thursday, May 03, 2007

Love in Tokyo [PART 2]

Part 1 can be found here.

Now people who know me are well aware of my giggle control problem. I have gotten in trouble for it all my life. In classrooms, exam halls, the Principal's office, church etc…
Anyway standing in line behind cute boy i was sure that he had figured out I was pretend coughing. I knew I looked retarded. This only made me giggle some more.
Next we had to identify our baggage downstairs [always my favourite thing to do] but to go there we had to use the escalator. I do okay with those things normally but that day I was just in the mood to embarrass myself. So anyway I get on to the escalator with just my pull along bag and my ginormous handbag and I see cute boy waiting for his bags at the bottom. This distracted me because after all it was my first full frontal view of him. Somehow in my excitement I managed to let go of my pull along thingy which proceeded to roll down the very long escalator really really loudly causing alarm around the airport. I descended slowly with my hands on my mouth. Everybody stared. Random kind [but unattractive] boy came running to catch my bag since it was going to reach the bottom before I was. I thanked him and tried not to make eye contact with anyone. I did catch cute boy with that smirk on his face again. We then got onto very cool looking buses that took us to the hotel which was oh like just an hour away. Apparently there weren't any hotels closer that could accommodate an entire airplane of people. Once we reached the Hilton we had to wait some more until they gave us our room keys. I noticed aisle boy and cute boy were now all chatty. Super thin receptionist lady asked if they wanted to share a room. Cute boy said NO and my love for him grew even more. Before I went to my room I asked kind Japanese man who looked like he was in charge when we would be leaving. He muttered something about something. I couldn't understand a word and unfortunately cute boy wasn't around to translate his accent for me. I did hear two Desi unclejees talk about how it was going to be very hard to get connecting flights. I panicked because I didn't want to be stuck in Tokyo forever. I needed to get to Bengluru on Aug 1st like I had planned in order to watch the first ODI between India and I don't remember who. I finally managed to talk to some man wearing a Singapore Airlines shirt. I told him how my father would be very worried if I didn't get home when I was supposed to. He assured me i would be home soon. I went to my room [which was very pretty] and I called dad who of course wanted to hear every detail about why there was this delay and if I was scared….I told him I was only allowed to talk for 4 minutes but he pretended not to hear this. [So that's where i get it from!] Anyway I got a good nights rest and enjoyed the hotel shampoo the next morning. What is it about hotel shampoo that makes it always smell so good? Oh wait I did go down to eat dinner [which sucked] before that and they charged me for my Sprite. The bastards! Aren't you impressed with my memory?
The next morning I found a note stuck under my door stating that Hello Kitty had been found and WAS SAFE. Why they assumed I would care about the kitten's condition was beyond me. The flight was supposedly going to be on time and everyone looked very relieved. They handed us little presents as we boarded the flight. Cute boy was already seated and smiled and said Good Morning. I wanted to hug him. He then asked me if I had opened my present yet. I sad I hadn’t and he insisted I open it right away. I got excited and asked if it was anything edible. He said and i quote: "Nope. I already checked. I was hoping it would be food too. I'm starving and i was too scared to eat the breakfast this morning after the terrible dinner last night." At this point i just wanted to pinch his cheeks. I asked him where his friend was to which he replied very quickly: "He's not my friend." I giggled and opened my present. I cant remember exactly what it was. I think it was either a lame key chain or some weird diary type thing with the Singapore Airlines logo on it. I was like WTF and cute boy was like I KNOW, it makes up for everything doesn't it? Aisle boy came in hurriedly and took his seat just before takeoff. Again they felt the need to announce to us about Hello kitty's haalat. Everyone groaned. Cute boy then insisted aisle boy open his present. Aisle boy tore open his present and then looked up shocked. Cute boy and i giggled. Again i had to control the urge to hug him. The flight to Singapore wasn't too long. We finally got some food and cute boy and i gobbled it down while Aisle boy told us about how he was this big shot in some company in Singapore. After aisle boy finally shut the fuck up cute boy turned to me and asked where i was going. I said Bangalore. Home. He said Bombay. I wanted to ask if it was to see his wife and kids but i wasn't brave enough. I'm never brave enough. The fact that i was even having a conversation with him was quite astonishing. You see I'm one of those arrogant people who wont talk to you if i don't know you and I'm super arrogant if you're a cute boy [which reminds me i should totally write about gym boy next.] Once we landed in Singapore i was given my new boarding pass to Bangalore. Cute boy unfortunately had no boarding pass and no ticket. All flights to Bombay had been cancelled because of the floods. They told him his best option was to fly to some other part of India and then take a flight/train to Bombay after a day or so. I wanted to ask him to come with me to Bangalore so bad! "You can stay with me. Just hide whenever daddy appears" i wanted to say. I did some shopping and called the KB and told her the entire cute boy story over the phone. Then I did more shopping and went back to the counter only to see cute boy still waiting around. "What are you going to do?" i asked. "I have no idea. Wait, i guess" he said. I wanted to hug him and tell him it was all going to be okay but instead i said "Well, hopefully you wont have to wait too long" and then i smiled and said goodbye. I had a great 10 days in Bangalore and a great 2 days in Singapore [with Kb] on the way back. I dreamt of bumping into cute boy on the plane or in an airport lobby or even someplace in America. I looked for him everywhere but never saw him again. Cute boy if you're reading this - *HUG* and this song is dedicated to you. "Sayonaara Sayonaara Vaada nibhaaungi Sayonaara" I realise i didn't make any vaadas but if i had i would've totally nibaaoed them for you.

p.s. Karen very excitedly emailed me this afternoon. He wanted to write part 2 of my 'Love in Tokyo' story AS 'cute boy on the plane'. I told him to go ahead. So watch out for that one.

15 comments:

I am the Walrus said...

CHICKEN! Why didn't you just hug him?! (angry face)

Pri said...

I should have. I feel silly now :(

And now you've gone and made me hungry.

Anonymous said...

i want to nibble on some vadas too....

Ashwin said...

Very nice post! I liked it a lot! Now I can't wait to hear your gym boi story!

I'd like to say i'll keep an eye out for your boy in Bombay... but I don't really know how he looks
:(

Ashwin said...

what he looks like*
(Before anyoe says "with his eyes")

Ashwin said...

holy crap! I'm on a roll!

anyone*

Pri said...

I dont think he'd still be in Bombay. From the accent i figured he had lived in the Amreeka for a while.

Carved Garnet said...

Awww.. So cute.. Just like a fairytale... You only need to meet him again and hopefully it'll be soon and it'll be even more cute and then you can blog about it ;)

Unknown said...

hehe.. "aisle boy shut the fuck up.."

u never fail to amuse me..

Bikerdude said...

Uff what a lowe I say. The only thing I've ever felt like telling all co-travellers so far has been: Saai o naara."

Pri said...

@bikerdude: che che enri? how can you wish maut on co-travellers? unless you mean after one has landed...

Sanjaya Srivatsan said...

Pri, 'ee cute boys haagu cute guys' kathegalella heege agatta ??
I have my story which i still have to put it in words.

Will comment when I finish mine.

Sanju

Unknown said...

sigh sigh sigh and another sigh...whats ur definition of a CUTE boy..!?
:P

Anonymous said...

:-) Nice story. Sweet and realistic. I hope you find your cute boy sitting next to you on some flight.

Anonymous said...

bikerdude:

i could not stop from heaving a 'sigh, o naari'! ;-)

- s.b.