Thursday, May 05, 2011

Park Sheraton Zindabad.

Luckily for me the missing suitcase was the one consisting entirely of gifts my mother had sent to everyone she knew in Bangalore city. My stuff was safe so I was able to shower (chennai water ugh but whatever) and change. Then I looked at my address book to call everyone I knew in chennai, which is like 3 people. Merapathi lakshmipathy (who did not answer), Ananda yenanda (who had just left the city the same morning, in fact we were at the airport at the same time and didn't know it) and the world famous Anantha. World famous Anantha answered and entertained me for a bit. Unfortunately he couldn't get out of the office until 6 pm by which time I would've already left for the airport so we decided to meet in a couple of weeks in Bangalore, where it's prettier. I called my worried father and nibbled on my really tiny piece of Christmas cake which was delivered to the room on a giant silver platter courtesy some leddis in wonderfully draped saris - "Merry Christmas ma'am, the lunch buffet has started." I heard lunch buffet and promptly went to look for my shoes.



I had wisely worn comfortable pants since this was going to be my first meal in India after 5 years. To say I was looking forward to it would be an understatement. I walked around the buffet table like I was at some art show, checking out the beautiful creations, reading the descriptions. I didn't want to miss anything so I took a sample of everything, except for the rice and sat down to wait for my naan. I know not to mix my roti and rice, my dad has taught me well. I am not making this up but my eyes actually welled up as I took my first few bites. You forget how amazing the quality of food in India is, you really do. In spite of refilling my plate 3 times I was disappointed in my appetite and then the chef or chief waiter or someone important looking came up and asked me if everything was okay. He may have seen me wiping away tears. I would've hugged him but there were other people in the room, plus i wasn't sure I'd be able to get off of my chair in a hurry. I sure was glad for the elevator. After I got back to my room I took the loveliest little nap before my phone alarm went off and it was time to head back to the airport. I was finally going home. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

11 comments:

Sanjaya Srivatsan said...

Awesome, like always.

Gradwolf said...

the right word is #ananthaisamazing not world famous..

anantha said...

@ Pri : Hmmmpfh

@ Gradworlf: DAI!

Perakath said...

Hey I would've been just down the road.

Anonymous said...

You landed in my city a!! Naice..Chennai boys are ok ma..Not bad..Good timepass material..waiting for your next post on your India trip..

Long time reader of your blog..Had to delurk when you said you landed in my city! :)

Bikerdude said...

Oh khamaaaan I say you have kindly shtorted blaagging yettahain! Mucchhhe loue.

Serendipity said...

Hey Pri!Long time reader of Nimma Blog , glad you're back.Please to write detail account of bengalooru trip!

chethan said...

missed your posts.. welcome back :)

wildmind30 said...

I am literally falling off my chair, my abs hurting in the best way!!

SpaceMonkey said...

Nice.

Btw, what's the URL for your 'sicrit' blog? Also why can't I see the blogs that you link to?

Note to self - Make and use bookmarks often.

Completely unrelated - my word verification word below is 'penis'. Maa kasam, true story.

facebook covers said...

This is the most interesting post on your blog. I have read it again and again thanks for sharing this..